This package contains Rake, a simple ruby build program with capabilities similar to make.
Rake has the following features:
* Rakefiles (rake’s version of Makefiles) are completely defined in standard Ruby syntax. No XML files to edit. No quirky Makefile syntax to worry about (is that a tab or a space?)
* Users can specify tasks with prerequisites.
* Rake supports rule patterns to sythesize implicit tasks.
* Rake is lightweight. It can be distributed with other projects as a single file. Projects that depend upon rake do not require that rake be installed on target systems.
* The Rake task library can simplify common actions.
* Rake can be installed as a Ruby GEM